Provost/Vice President for Academic Programs & Services
SUNY Delhi seeks applications and nominations for the position of Provost and Vice President for Academic Programs and Services. This is a wonderful opportunity to lead a capable, energetic, and enthusiastic team of academic leaders, faculty, and staff. SUNY Delhi is known for its commitment to providing a student-centered, residential collegiate experience that focuses on academic excellence, innovation, and experiential learning. Delhi's philosophy, "The student is the most important person at SUNY Delhi," is embraced throughout the campus community and is reflected in the sincere commitment of faculty and staff to student success.
The Provost serves as the chief academic officer for SUNY Delhi. Reporting to the College President, the Provost provides leadership for academic programs, Admissions and Enrollment Management, Institutional Research, Grants Development, Records and Registration, Outreach and Workforce Development, the Resnick Library, the Resnick Academic Achievement Center, the Center for Excellence and Innovation for Teaching and Learning, and the Callas Center for Educational Technology and Instruction. The Provost is charged with envisioning, planning, developing, and maintaining excellence in academic programs and services. A key member of the President's Leadership Team, the Provost participates in the development and implementation of the College's strategic plan, and works closely with both academic and administrative areas of the College.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Leads the development of the college's academic vision and establishes goals and objectives including the development of new certificate, associate, and baccalaureate, and selected graduate degree programs, on-line and off-campus entrepreneurial academic programs.
- Leads efforts to assess and enhance academic programs and services by promoting excellence in teaching, advisement, and service.
- Maximizes available resources to create, maintain, and promote an environment of academic excellence. Leads efforts to obtain grant funding to enhance programming, including High Needs, Innovative Instructional Technology Grants, Performance Improvement Program (PIP) funding.
- Oversees recruitment, development, and retention of high quality faculty and academic staff.
- Enhances and encourages the use of technology in teaching and learning.
- Champions and ensures compliance with SUNY initiatives such as seamless transfer, SUNY Excels, and applied learning.
- Incorporates general education core requirements into the curriculum of all academic programs.
- Works closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to establish a vision and plan to infuse the principles of inclusion and equity into all aspects of the academic functions of the college.
- Champions efforts to increase enrollment, selectivity, retention, and persistence to graduation.
- Strengthens academic advisement and develops programs for at-risk students.
- Fosters community and industry partnerships to support academic programs.
- Maintains Middle States accreditation standards and those of individual academic program accreditors and assures compliance with SED, SUNY, and other governing standards and regulations.
- Serves as chief administrative officer for the College in the President's absence.
- Participates in the development of SUNY Delhi's strategic vision, short and long range plans, goals, and objectives.
- Responds to emergencies as needed, including after normal business hours.
- Seeks opportunities to increase efficiencies and conserve resources, including shared services, where possible.
- Assists the President with the development and implementation of various programs, campus initiatives, and community engagements.
An earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
Successful experience in both academic administration and teaching.
- Proven leadership skills and a strong management background.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience with curriculum and faculty development.
- Entrepreneurial skills and a successful record of funding development and innovation.
- Demonstrates competence in the following areas:
- Organizational: Proven ability to work collaboratively with campus leaders, managers, faculty and staff in the design and provision of programs and services.
- Leadership: Outstanding ability to lead an office and an institution within the focus of the position. Demonstrated ability as a visionary, charismatic leader.
- Communications: An outstanding communicator who possesses skills in addressing, listening and responding to diverse groups including faculty, staff, students and external constituencies.
- Diversity: A passionate supporter of diversity in the student body, faculty and operations.
- Fiscal Management: Outstanding ability to plan and administer multiple budgets consistent with achieving organizational goals.
- Human Resources Development: Fosters and supports the ongoing development of competent employees by providing orientation, training, performance coaching, mentoring, continuing education and professional development opportunities.
- Staff Management: Provides leadership that encourages open communication about organizational goals/strategies and empowers employees to strive for their best level of performance.
- Self-Management: Demonstrates a commitment to high quality performance and self-development. Appropriately plans and prioritizes responsibilities and resources.
- Functional Management: Ability to manage in a complex setting. A thorough understanding and commitment to both liberal arts and technical education.
- Accountability: Manages academic programs and services within budget and in accordance with federal, state and SUNY regulations and accepted management practices. Administers high quality academic programs and services consistent with College policies, SUNY, regulatory, regional and national standards.
Campus Information - Click Here
Salary range: $135,000 - $150,000 annually
This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
It is anticipated that the Provost will begin on or about 07/01/2018
SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabling conditions.
SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
- Management Confidential - serve at the pleasure of the College President
- Work Schedule: Full-time
- Reports to: The College President
- This is a 12 month position
- Budget Title: Provost
- Reason for vacancy: Resignation of current Provost
- This position offers full New York State Management Confidential benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country with an excellent fringe benefits package
- Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
Apply Link: http://delhi.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=94332
For full consideration please apply by 03/31/2018
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/tb5hcr997dmvczcs