Customer Service Representative, Facilities Parking
- Performs a wide variety of front line customer service to the University community and external clients.
- Greets and provides information and materials to faculty, staff, students, and guests of the University.
- Completes customers request for services such as selling a wide variety of parking permits, paying parking citations and appealing parking citations.
- Fosters positive working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and University guests.
- Performs daily activity of the office operation including but not limited to: answering multiple phone lines, performing a wide variety of data entry (i.e., customer permit purchases, citations issued by Officers, and citation payments), responding to customer account inquires, typing routine correspondence, processing mail, duplicating, collating and distributing department material, and making recommendations on purchases to ensure office supplies and equipment service requests are made.
- May train other office or field personnel on duties and skills associated with customer service.
- Act as an intermediary with the public.
- Must be able to address customers complaints in a professional manner while taking the necessary customer service action.
- Resolve billing disputes and keep track of accounts that are overdue and attempt to collect payment.
- Record all transactions in Power Park FLEX and ensure accuracy of billings.
- Post transactions in a financial database and reconcile computer reports with operating reports from FLEX.
- Prepares, compiles, sorts, files and maintains confidential customer files (paper and electronic).
- Documents the quantity and quality of services provided to customers and maintain the spreadsheet that records the statistics.
- Receives, adjudicates, and responds to customer citation appeals.
- Works closely with the co-workers to monitor and improve upon daily office operations, includes the implementation of new technologies and operational techniques to ensure consistency and efficient office business practices.
- May work in coordination with the Manager of Customer Service to ensure accuracy of the master parking calendar and performs Special Events duties in the absence of the primary.
- Performs other duties and special projects for the department/division as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, students or employees for the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages as well as to create and interpret graphical charts and complex financial reports.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in very fluid situations.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment that requires individual thought and initiative.
- Capable of facilitating the interactions and diverse needs of a complex organization.
- Ability to maintain professional standards of conduct during stressful and often emotional situations.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills, proven ability to deal effectivley with customers in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- High School diploma.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to be insured under the University's insurance policy.
- 2 years of work experience in a customer service position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- 2 years of experience with parking customer service.
- Knowledge of PowerPark Flex software.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m MST on Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Megan Enloe at
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.