Instructional Designer & Technology Specialist (IDTS)
Doane University invites applications for the position of Instructional Designer &Technology Specialist (IDTS). The Instructional Designer and technology Specialist is responsible for standards, design, development, management, and support of online courses; provides consulting and training to ID team members, faculty and staff on the use of computer based instructional and multimedia applications; assists with the technical and programmatic developments of assigned projects and applications; provides assistance with planning and coordinating materials with the course instructor(s) and program director. The successful candidate is expected to be able to apply pedagogical based design in a creative and effective manner.
- Master’s degree preferred; minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Three or more years of direct experience as an instructional designer or related position required.
- Experience developing MOOCs preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, strategize, and creatively design major instructional design projects for online initiatives.
- Ability to persuade, lead, motivate, instruct, act as part of a team and prioritize projects and activities as required.
- Demonstrated experience with online teaching and learning programs in high tech or higher education and familiarity with a learning management platform.
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design methodologies and adult learning theory is necessary.
- Ability to analyze processes and procedures and make suggestions for improvement is necessary.
- Flexibility and adaptability are key in a work environment where needs change.
- Enthusiasm for researching and experimenting with emerging education and web technologies desired.
- Three to five years of HTML mark-up experience preferred. Audio and video production experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and application of WCAG 2 and ADA standards is required
The search will begin immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. Doane University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To Apply go to: www.doane.edu/jobs