Director, Business Services, Information Technology Services Division
Job ID: 5328 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
The Director of Business Services for the Information Technology Services Division will provide leadership and be accountable for business and planning activities in the Information Technology Services Division, including financial planning and analysis, human resources, procurement, and strategic vendor management. In addition, this position has direct oversight and responsibility for the division’s administrative support staff, which provides broad administrative services for the division as well as support for the University’s test scoring, switchboard operations, and multi-building space planning.
- Direct/Oversee the deployment of business staff – Finance, HR, Procurement, and Administrative resources – to the Information Technology Services Division.
- Develop and maintain business practices that meet user needs and align with divisional and institutional goals. Ensure the division’s compliance with relevant laws and institutional policies.
- Lead the continuous improvement of business practices through the identification and achievement of industry-defined process maturity levels.
- Establish formal financial models, which includes the execution of projects, cloud service delivery, staff augmentation, business case development, and service costing.
- Provide consistent and decisive leadership to the Business and Administrative Services department, establishing goals that align with and advance university and divisional strategic plans.
- Manage, coach, and mentor staff. Deliver timely performance feedback and counsel staff in career/performance development.
- Identify process performance benchmarks and develop enhanced functional reporting to reflect performance, value, and capability.
- Develop and maintain a workforce plan for the Business and Administrative Services department, including identification of required internal/external staffing levels and competencies.
- Establish appropriate performance metrics for the Business and Administrative Services department. Develop strategies to optimize departmental outcomes and address performance gaps.
- Oversee institutional processes for the allocation of the Student Technology Fee.
- Actively promote the division’s core values of integrity, respect, accountability, and continuous improvement throughout IT Services.
- Set a positive example of teaming and partnership across senior leaders within Information Technology Services, Miami University, and vendor partners.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- May occasionally teach one credit-bearing course per semester, or on an as-needed basis.
A bachelor's degree in Business or other similar related area of study earned by date of hire, plus at least 7 years of experience providing financial, HR, procurement or strategic vendor management services for an operating unit and/or direct management of the staff providing these services.
At least 4 years of leadership experience, demonstrating a progression in management experience.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.