Development & Deployment Technical Lead
Job ID: 5325 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
The Development and Deployment Technical Lead will engage with development, architecture and infrastructure teams to create and maintain automated pipelines and solutions required for continuous delivery. This person will research, develop and support tools to improve application capability, scalability and reliability, while incorporating new technologies and requirements.
- Charged with designing, developing, implementing and maintaining software tools to reliably manage and continuously improve application delivery.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the build/release environment.
- Improve the predictability and reliability of software releases with the implementation of automated build, test and deployment tools and processes.
- Reduce application deployment windows by developing and implementing a strategy to move toward a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Engage with Solution Delivery managers and senior technical staff to ensure that best practices are defined and implemented.
- Seek out inefficiencies and design and develop ways out of complex environmental challenges.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation of development and deployment practices.
- Develop best in class tools to support scalability and reliability.
- Remain knowledgeable on emerging technologies and advocate use where appropriate.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- May occasionally teach one credit-bearing course per semester, or on an as-needed basis.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, earned by date of hire and 6 years relevant experience.
2 years experience in application development
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.