Financial Aid Operations Coordinator
Job Title: Financial Aid Operations Coordinator
Job ID: 24464
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 1035, Range 1
Department: Financial Aid and Scholarship Office
About the Position
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid Operations and receive work lead direction form the Financial Aid Lead, the Financial Aid Operations Coordinator performs a full range of office and administrative support functions for the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. Working independently, under general supervision, the Financial Aid Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating a variety of interrelated workflow processes to ensure the timely receipt, coding, referral and processing of financial aid documents related to the Financial Aid application, and awarding process for all San Jose State University applicants. Coordinates, implements, and maintains clerical, administrative and customer support functions for all aspects of the Financial Aid services document management. The Coordinator will provide assistance to students and families in completing the financial aid process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Works with all federal and state Financial Aid programs including grants, loans, and work study by explaining the processes to customers who come to the Financial Aid Office.
- Participate at on-campus yield events explaining the financial aid process to perspective San Jose State University students.
- Performs intake of and is responsible for all aspects of required financial aid documents.
- Updates the PeopleSoft Student Administration module by coding the receipt of verified documents and completion of the data retrieval process.
- Reviews various query reports and makes contact with student regarding status, when special projects are assigned.
- Coordinates the compilation, tracking, and timely receipt of all documents required to process applications for the financial aid verification and awarding process.
- Completes and maintains student application status, and document verification/editing via computerized system.
- Performs credit check for Federal Plus Loans.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24464.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.