Software Developer 3
Software Developer 3
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is seeking a Software Developer, level 3, who can help achieve the UVU mission of engaged learning and student success. The Software Developer 3 works in conjunction with a Lead Software Engineer to maintain and revise existing systems and provide technical assistance to users as well as to others in IT. This position is an intersection between business, technology, and user experience. Responsible for providing high-quality products and features on time; advocating for both our users and the university; and conducting methodical analysis and documentation of all or part of functions and processes, along with the information they use.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor’s degree in related field plus two years of experience related; OR Associate’s degree in related field plus four years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position OR any combination of higher education and experience directly related to the essential functions/duties totaling six years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with relational database concepts including SQL, stored procedures, prepared statements.
- Experience with Object Oriented design and programming.
- Skills in SQL, HTML, CSS,source control systems, Toad, IDE, JQuery.
- Ability to communicate clearly and exercise effective interpersonal, problem-solving, team-oriented, and decision-making skills where a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to resolve problems by thinking logically, identifying tasks, and developing modular programming steps.
- Ability to follow directions and working under supervision.
- Ability to keep current with industry standards and trends by attending training and conferences; reading technical material; and corresponding with other professionals through the use of list serves, networks, and bulletin boards.
Experience with Banner ERP system.
Ability to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to see, hear, and speak. Must be able to perform fine hand manipulation on a frequent basis, i.e. using computers.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $50,427 - $67,236
Advertisement Number: ST59917 IT Services Staff 03/13/2018
Open Date: 02/20/2018
Review Start Date: 02/23/2018
Close Date: 3/13/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Must obtain 2 in house certifications within the first year. Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/5508
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.