Music Assistant Professor
Description of Position
This is a full-time tenure track academic position in the Music Department of the Liberal Arts Division at Contra Costa College in San Pablo, California. The teaching assignment will be divided between classroom and laboratory instruction. The assignment may include teaching evening hours. The incumbent will be expected to oversee Piano and Theory studies both Classical and Jazz genre, oversee elementary classroom music intern program, accompany for music majors and the Chamber Singers, teach Beginning choir, and recruit high school and community students. The incumbent will be the Music Department Chairperson, sharing departmental responsibility with the Performance Program Director through peer evaluations, instrument maintenance, assist in grant writing, and liaison to college committees.
Music Assistant Professor
Contra Costa College
Master's in Music
Bachelor's in Music
Master's in Humanities
OR the equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e., you do not possess the exact degree listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the document section of the online application.
1. Experience as a classical choral and vocal accompanist.
2. Experience teaching classical class piano, beginning through early advanced levels.
3. Experience teaching collegiate classical applied piano, advanced levels.
4. Experience in grant writing.
5. Experience teaching beginning choir.
6. Experience teaching class theory, beginning through early advanced levels.
7. Experience teaching sight singing and ear training.
8. Experience coordinating instrument maintenance.
9. Experience coordinating and training elementary classroom music interns.
10. Experience as a participant and/or chair of higher education committees.
11. Experience in educational planning and leadership.
12. Experience in curriculum writing.
13. Experience in student recruitment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates selected for interview will be asked to prepare a memorized classical solo piano piece, a class piano teaching demonstration, and accompany a classical vocalist.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.