Assistant Vice President of Strategic Corporate Partnerships and Initiatives
Location CU-ICAR in Greenville
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Clemson University is seeking to fill a position with responsibility to work closely with key stake holders to develop and lead enterprise level strategies for existing and new strategic corporate partnerships to grow the educational and research programs of the university in alignment with the Clemson Forward Strategy. The Assistant Vice President of Strategic Corporate Partnerships and Initiatives reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Corporate Partnerships and Strategic Initiative within the Office of External Affairs.
Context and Job Description:
Clemson University along with its industry and governmental partners have invested significant resources over the past 10 years to develop multiple Innovations Campuses and assets throughout the state of South Carolina with the objective of bringing new education opportunities to growing communities, support key growth industries within the state, nationally and globally; and expand the research base of the university through engagement with industry in public/private collaboration. Clemson University established the Office of Corporate Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives (OCPSI) with the mission to strategically grow Clemson's corporate and government engagement activities in support of the Clemson Forward Strategic Plan (https://www.clemson.edu/forward/). This position will develop, manage, communicate, and execute business development strategies to foster and grow assigned strategic corporate partnerships. This includes but not limited to:
- Maintaining and growing existing industry collaborations,
- Developing new industry collaborations,
- Identifying and expanding existing core competencies of the university into new markets, and
- Increasing Clemson's competitive educational and research capabilities.
These strategies should be proactive based on industry input with identifiable targets, deadlines, objectives and measurements for success.
The Assistant Vice President position within the Office of External Affairs is proposed to:
- Work in close collaboration and on a regular basis with Program Managers, Department Chairs, Deans, VPR's office, and other Clemson organizations to assist in
- Assessing new strategic opportunities from a market, strategic fit, and economic potential point of view;
- Identifying new opportunities and areas for targeted growth,
- Developing strategies for large multi-disciplinary, public/private grants opportunities; and,
- Identifying resource gaps and needs to successfully compete in targeted market areas.
- Serve as the primary liaison with external Economic Development/Industry organizations, to include but not limited to: SCEDA; Upstate Alliance; CRDA; SCMA; SC Chamber; SCDOC. Assist in the development of marketing materials and data to respond to RFP's on a local, state, regional and national scale.
- Communicate and market Clemson University's resources, expertise and capabilities at professional conferences and meetings, by serving on advisory boards, representing Clemson at regional economic development organizations, actively maintaining updated website(s) and other communication media, and published position papers.
- Negotiate and manage all contracts and non-disclosure agreements that are a result of the activities described above in accordance with Clemson University's Policies and Procedures.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume using the Interfolio link below by March 20, 2018. However, the position shall remain open until filled.
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.