Director, Donor Relations & Stewardship
Donor Relations and Stewardship:
- Deliver donor-centric donor relations and stewardship programming that elegantly and respectfully appreciates the University's philanthropic community and ensures their gifts are stewarded appropriately.
- Foster a University-wide culture of donor relations and stewardship and work collaboratively with the Executive Director to craft and execute effective donor relations and stewardship programming.
- Provide strategic direction, guidance and accountability for donor recognition, acknowledgements, correspondence and other activities that engage donors and advance philanthropic commitment.
- Provide comprehensive leadership of the Donor Relations and Stewardship team within DU Advancement. This includes supporting the day-to-day functionality of the team, as well as facilitating the recruitment, hiring, training, mentoring, evaluation, and professional development of the team (4-6 FTEs).
- Effectively manage the Donor Relations and Stewardship operating budget, including monitoring transactions and assisting in budget modeling and forecasting processes.
Partnerships & University Citizenship
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all advancement partners and other campus colleagues, to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead, take action, create solutions, implement plans, analyze results and iterate for maximum positive effect.
- Track record of success in creating and executing on donor relations and stewardship activities that escalate engagement; ability to develop, plan and implement short- and long-term goals based on program needs.
- Demonstrated success in managing and motivating a team.
- Passion for innovation and creative thinking; drive to deliver tangible results.
- Superior interpersonal skills for developing and maintaining relationships.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Flexible, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years of donor/constituent/member relations experience.
- Experience working in higher education, or similar complex setting.
- Experience serving in a comprehensive fundraising campaign.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in budget management.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
- Learn about our strategic planning process, "Imagine DU," and our vision, DU IMPACT 2025.
- Learn more about DU Advancement.
- Browse the most recent University of Denver Magazine.
- View a short welcome video and learn more about the wide range of benefit choices available to University of Denver professionals.
- The University of Denver highly values inclusive excellence, recognizing that our success is dependent on how well we value, engage, and include the rich diversity of constituents in all we do. Discover our vision and learn about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusive excellence.
- DU is situated in the heart of the Denver metro area, a vibrant and diverse urban center in the Rocky Mountain region and home to nearly 27 million people. Learn more about Denver and find out about the many neighborhoods in the Denver Metro area.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about this position, please contact Shelby Glenn at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.