Associate Registrar for Technology, Office of the Registrar
The Associate Registrar for Technology will lead the Office of the Registrar in the development and usage of new and exciting technologies that enhance access to student information; and will also lead the office's efforts to create reporting mechanisms that streamline the gathering, analysis and dissemination of data which will contribute to the report writing needs of the office. In addition to providing general Registrar Office support, the incumbent will also serve as the web editor for the office; and will work collaboratively with staff throughout the office and Enrollment Management. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing leadership in the implementation, integration, maintenance and testing of new and current technologies being utilized in the Office of the Registrar, including but not limited to, PeopleSoft, U.direct, Image Now, Salesforce and other technical systems;
- Continually assess the unit's business practices as they relate to the use of PeopleSoft and other applications in an effort to streamline processes and improve services;
- Effectively utilize web-based and network applications to maintain and analyze information crucial to the daily functions of the Registrar Office;
- Serve as a liaison to University Information Technology Services (UITS) and on-campus University IT Services on new projects and student system testing;
- Create, edit and format content and messaging on the Registrar's website to ensure that the information is accurate, timely and well positioned;
- Oversee reporting functions of student data and seek opportunities to expand the use of enrollment and student record dashboards;
- Oversee document imaging system and expand the use to include workflow functionality and integration with other systems to include electronic forms;
- Collaborate and engage with other departments within Enrollment Management and key constituencies across campus including but not limited too Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Institutional Research;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Business, Higher Education, Information Technology or a closely related field), Master's Degree preferred, and a minimum of seven-ten (7-10) years of experience in higher education required. A proven track record of project management related to the launch of new technology solutions required. Experience in report writing is required. Experience with student information systems and imaging technology preferred.
- Proficiency in administrative software programs such PeopleSoft, Degree Audit Systems and Imaging Software;
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in organizing work processes and functions to facilitate the use of technical solutions;
- Ability to assess the technical needs of an office and work collaboratively with a team to train, implement and evaluate the release of new services and procedures;
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups from a wide-variety of backgrounds;
- Ability to work in team environment on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work projects and multi-task;
- Ability to work in fast paced environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews:
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional work references.
- Professional Union.
- Full time. Benefited.
- Unrestricted funding.
- Grade 34 (see link below for salary chart).
Only Internal Professional Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 7 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Closing date for applications: February 28, 2018.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, the University of Massachusetts Boston complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.