Director of Administration and Finance
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST
PROFESSIONAL POSITION AVAILABLE
Director of Administration and Finance Biology Department
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Department of Biology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst is seeking a Director of Administration and Finance. The Director will provide management and supervision for the administrative and technical support services of the Biology Department and be responsible for financial, personnel, facilities, and programmatic activities, which support the Department's academic, research, and outreach missions. The Director will exercise considerable initiative, leadership, and judgment in providing advice and guidance regarding policies and procedures within the University community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or closely related field plus 2 years relevant experience, preferably in an academic setting OR:
- Bachelor’s degree in any area with 4 years relevant experience in an academic setting
- Previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management principles, including budgetary/non-profit fund accounting procedures, demonstrated ability to forecast future budget needs, creating annual Departmental budgets and preparing periodic reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability and willingness to lead, supervise, advise and train staff and to maintain absolute confidentiality.Ability to work with diverse populations and all levels of the University community in internal and external communications including faculty, staff, students, administrators and the public.
- Demonstrated experience with grant and contract management, including ability to follow federal and private sponsor terms and conditions of proposal and award administration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple time-sensitive projects with critical deadlines amid constant interruptions.
- Knowledge of standard computer operating systems and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and use of databases.
PROFESSIONAL STAFF SALARY ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM POSITION LEVEL 27
For salary range, please see:
Review of applications will begin on March 20, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply provide a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references.
Please apply online at:
On-Campus applicants are defined as Amherst Campus non-student employees
The University of Massachusetts is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, the University of Massachusetts is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the University of Massachusetts to comply with the applicable federal and state statues, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.