Dean for Assessment, Accreditation and Research
Georgia Highlands College (GHC), a state college in the University System of Georgia, with six locations in counties in close proximity to Atlanta, serving roughly six thousand students, announces a Dean for Assessment, Accreditation and Research search. Reporting directly to the President, the Dean serves on the Executive Leadership Team and the Cabinet.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and dynamic institution. As the recipient of the 2017 USG Chancellor’s Customer Service Excellence Award for Institution and President of the year, our focus is on student access and success as well as employee professional development and wellness.
The ideal candidate will have the ability and knowledge to direct a comprehensive college-wide institutional effectiveness program that includes outcomes assessment, compliance with state/federal/Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) requirements and institutional research.
• Master’s degree required, doctorate preferred
• Three to five years of advanced experience in higher education assessment, accreditation and research
• Direct working knowledge of the accreditation process and of SACSCOCcriteria and reaffirmation committee visits preferred
• Experience in supervising staff, or students, in one or more of the functional areas
• Evaluates and make recommendations on the College’s progress in its long range plan, including the development, implementation, and evaluation of the College’s various operational plans
• Collaborates with the entire College community to establish priorities among College initiatives
• Designs, develops, and implements strategies to assess and improve the quality and effectiveness of all areas of the College and to ensure the College is in compliance with state, federal and SACS standards
• Recommends appropriate resource allocation for planning and implementation phases associated with unit operational goal attainment; assesses progress continuously to monitor implementation schedules; issues progress reports for planning, assessment and accreditation
• Oversees internal functions related to environmental scanning, establishment/evaluation of key performance indicators, academic program review, and unit-level assessment
• Ensures that data and information are available to meet the decision-making needs of the College
• Coordinates college-wide surveys including development, administration, analysis and the dissemination of results
• Directs the accreditation processes to include reaffirmation and substantive changes
• Serves as a member of the College’s Accreditation Leadership Team
• Serves as the liaison to the College’s Institutional Effectiveness Committee
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the mission of postsecondary education
• Knowledge of complex, job-related software programs
• Knowledge of higher education policies, procedures and practices
• Knowledge of planning, assessment and budgeting models and procedures
• Knowledge of accreditation standards, requirements and procedures
• Ability to supervise and direct the work of staff members engaged in research and assessment
• Ability to make timely and critical decisions using strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Skill to work cooperatively with college employees
• Skill in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating large-scale projects
• Skill in data analysis with the ability to present complex information in an understandable format
Special Instructions To Applicants
Applicants, please attach unofficial transcripts with your application. Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.
Position open until filled and applications will be screened as received.