Chair and Professor of Physical Therapy
The University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth is seeking a visionary leader for the position of Physical Therapy (PT) Department Chair. The candidate we are seeking is a senior faculty member who possesses strong leadership skills, teaching excellence, an established research record, and a vision consistent with emerging health care delivery. This is a full-time, 12-month appointment, tenure-track/tenured at the Associate/ Full professor level.
- Promote collaboration within and outside of the department;
- Engage in respectful communication;
- Maintain the highest standard of ethics and compliance with federal, state regulations;
- Provide superior customer service to all customers;
- Use a values-based approach when coaching departmental faculty and staff;
- Guide curriculum development to maintain currency and relevance to the future of the field;
- Develop effective strategies for recruitment and retention of exceptional faculty, staff, and students;
- Manage fiscal and administrative matters with transparency and integrity;
- Align departmental goals with institutional goals PT program curriculum and operations
- Provide leadership of all aspects of the Department activities in collaboration with the faculty and staff.
- Responsible for development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of all programs.
- Support faculty research and other forms of scholarly activity.
- Lead participation the accreditation process; assure full compliance with accrediting body standards and regulations.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of effective department operations.
- Ensure Department participation in the recruitment, selection, retention and academic success of students.
- Ensure the participation of herself/himself and faculty on departmental/school/institutional committees and activities.
- Serve as the fiscal agent for the Department; directing the preparation of the annual budget, completing analysis of fiscal status and implementing appropriate actions related to resource utilization
- Delegate authority and responsibility consistent with faculty and staff strengths and interests, within the context of the Department needs and resources.
- Work with faculty to develop the departmental mission, vision, tactical initiatives and metrics that are consistent with the School and University's strategic and quality improvement plan.
- Lead the efforts of faculty and staff so that progress is made toward achieving individual, departmental, school and institutional goals.
- Anticipate the needs of the department, represent these needs in the budget process, and monitor their use.
- Assess and report on program metrics to assure program goals are being met;
- Use data to help teams initiate, manage, and sustain the process.
- Offer solutions to solve problems or develop opportunities.
- Shows a drive for and works with a focus on continuous improvement.
Faculty Leadership and Development
- Coach, develop, and evaluate faculty effectiveness; assign work with a focus on an agile workforce that responds effectively to changing programmatic situations and demands.
- Mentor employees to maximize individual performance, build future organizational leadership, enhance teamwork and strengthen support of the organization's core values;
- Recommend to the Dean faculty members for appointment, promotion and tenure, and special assignments of workload consistent with the department, school, and university policies.
- Stay abreast of educational best practices, changes and developments that may impact the program • Meet scholarly goals and professional development by involvement in scholarly activities
- Promote department's overall visibility and reputation locally, nationally and internationally by participation and service in professional organizations.
- Earned academic doctoral degree (eg; PhD, EdD, DHS), as well as a license or eligibility to practice as a physical therapist in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of six years of full-time higher education experience, with a minimum of three years of full-time experience in a PT education program.
- Established record of excellence in teaching, with a defined area of professional content expertise.
- Established record of research/scholarly activity.
- Active involvement in the PT profession and understanding of key educational issues.
- Understanding of and experience with curriculum content, design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage in flexible, collaborative decision-making.
- Strong interest in faculty development and mentoring. • Innovative vision and effective leadership skills to inspire teams to reach goals.
Special Instructions to Applicants Applicants must complete the online application: www.unthscjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60565 Inquiries can be directed to Dr. Brandy Schwarz, chair of the search committee at email@example.com A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate. The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.