Part-time Substitute Instructor - Radiologic Technology - Open Pool
$26.93 per contact hour
Part-time Substitute Instructor - Radiologic Technology - Open Pool
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
1. Maintain compliance with the provisions of the Aims Community College part-time faculty position description including:
2. Provide effective and high quality instruction in Radiologic Technology Department
3. Professional Development-maintain currency in the faculty member's field of expertise. Adopt new teaching methodology as appropriate.
4. Initiate and maintain professional relationships with external agencies, business and other educational institutions as assigned.
5. Use computer technology in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning.
6. A commitment to the philosophy that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience.
7. A commitment to work as a team member as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
8. A commitment to establish and maintain positive yet professional interpersonal relationships with students, Aims faculty, staff and administrators, and clinical site staff and administration.
9. Take classes/instruction in teaching methods, curriculum development, computer applications and other skills deemed necessary by the department chair or academic dean.
10. A commitment to embrace and apply the provisions of Aims Community College's Mission Statement, Purposes, and Philosophy.
11. Maintain part-time Vocational Teaching Credential.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Assist students with correlation of academic material to clinical setting.
2. Orient and instruct students in clinical department procedures and routines.
3. Orient and instruct students in manipulation and operation of department equipment.
4. Instruct students in positioning and exposure correlated with department routines.
6. Assist in directing laboratory experience by supervising and conducting lab sessions at the College and clinical site when needed.
7. Orient students to hospital/program policies and practices.
8. Document and report student weaknesses to instructor of record and/or Department Chair.
9. Advise students of clinical weaknesses, and, under the direction of the instructor of record or Department Chairperson, develop a prescribed course of action for student improvement and advancement. Provide tutoring when required.
10. Evaluate student observers for future program placement.
11. Substitute instruction for lectures and or lab experiences at the college.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the instructor of record and/or the Department Chair, or Academic Dean.
1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part-time basis.
2. B.S. degree in Radiology or A.A.S. degree in Radiology from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of three years, full-time practical experience as a staff technologist.
3. Shall hold or qualify for a part-time, post-secondary, vocational instructor's teaching credential as a Radiography Instructor issued by the Colorado State Board of Community Colleges and Occupational Education. May apply for after hiring through the Aims CTE department.
3. Registered in good standing by the ARRT.
1. Background in teaching formal classes and/or training students in a clinical setting.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is a substitute position for the classroom and clinical. It is anticipated that the majority of the time substitution will be for clinical. When asked to substitute in the classroom lesson plans will be altered as best as possible to match the knowledge base of the substitute. Substitutes are expected however to be 100% proficient/comfortable at teaching in the clinical setting, interacting with hospital staff and administrators and learning protocols for multiple clinical sites.
Our current clinical sites are: North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, Greeley Medical Clinic, Summit View in Greeley, McKee Medical center in Loveland, Skyline Imaging in Loveland, Skyline Ortho in Loveland, Banner Ft. Collins Hospital, Poudre Valley Hospital in Ft. Collins, Harmony Imaging Center in Ft. Collins, Medical Center of the Rockies (and North Office), Longmont United Hospital, Longmont Clinical, Kaiser Permanente in Lafayette.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2780
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document