Facilities Services/A&E HR Business Partner
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) for Facilities Services/Architects & Engineers (A&E) is characterized by a high degree of collaboration and coordination in the delivery of HR services to support the Facilities Services/A&E organizational objectives and strategies in partnership with the central campus HR division. This position has a dual reporting relationship to the organizational unit head and to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources. The HRBP assesses and anticipates organizational HR needs; collaborates with central HR and organizational leadership to develop integrated solutions. Responsible for development, coordination and delivery of HR services and programs, including implementation of campus wide & Facilities Services/A&E initiatives primarily related to: compensation and classification; recruitment and hiring; performance management program administration and reporting; policy development/revision; training and development and other ad hoc requests for reports and information. The HRBP will collaborate with Central HR's Employee and Labor Relations department on employee and labor policies, procedures and employee discipline in a highly unionized environment. This position will also collaborate with other Central HR units (e.g. Compensation, Talent Acquisition, EEO, Organizational Development, etc.) in addition to other campus partners like the Shared Services department.
Possesses advanced analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel.
Develops and maintains an understanding of unit goals and how this position supports those goals.
Has advanced knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures including employment practices, employee relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources as well as organizational initiatives relating to and/or impacting human resources.
Possesses strong conflict resolution skills.
Strong analytical, active listening, and critical thinking skills.
Advanced knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures including employment practices, labor relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources as well as organizational initiatives relating to and/or affecting human resources.
Demonstrated advanced knowledge of organizational policies and procedures; advanced knowledge of functional area and understands how work affects other areas in Human Resources and the organization.
Advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to present complex information.
Demonstrated ability to handle extremely difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively. Demonstrated active listening and critical thinking skills.
In-depth knowledge of a human resources management system (HRMS), and/or other related business software programs and systems.
Working knowledge of University administrative policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview