Dean of Health Sciences
Department: Health Sciences
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Feb 20, '18
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Bunker Hill Community College (www.BHCC.edu), is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Dean of Health Sciences. This position is a result of the re-structuring of the academic programs at the College. The new dean reports to the Associate Provost of the Chelsea Campus and is part of a team of administrators whose shared focus is the development, implementation and support of innovative academic and co-curricular initiatives that promote student access, equity and achievement. With these goals in mind and with the administrative support of an Assistant Dean and the Director of Nursing, the Dean oversees the administration and leadership of the Departments of Allied Health, Nurse Education, Medical Imaging, Emergency Medical Services, Pharmacy Technology and Surgical Technology. These responsibilities will include planning, new program and curriculum development, program assessment, scheduling, budgeting, faculty development, preparing reports as required by the appropriate accreditation bodies and, agencies and development and maintenance of articulation and clinical affiliation agreements. The Dean's office will be located on the Chelsea Campus.
- Master's degree in a health-related discipline
- Successful academic administrative experience in higher education or equivalent experience in the health field
- Experience in a health profession or related field with strong clinical background
- Experience with health-related program accreditation requirements
- Successful college-level teaching experience
- Experience in the recruitment, evaluation, professional development and supervision of faculty and/or staff
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative and innovative leadership
- Demonstrated capacity to foster and manage change in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to the mission of a community college and student-centered learning environment
- Doctorate in a health related-discipline
- Experience with curriculum development, assessment and/or strategic planning
- Proven ability to promote and foster a Learning Community philosophy of teaching
- Demonstrated ability to promote the expanded application of technology to teach
- Demonstrated commitment to programs leading to student success and completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to promote collaboration among departments
- Experience in developing and managing budgets effectively
- Demonstrated experience in a community college environment
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
Bunker Hill Community College is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted to Cheryl Hyatt at [email protected]. Applications include a letter of interest, a current rsum/cv, copy of transcripts (unofficial is acceptable) and contact information for five professional references and should be submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to March 20, 2018 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
For more information contact:
Bunker Hill Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Woman, people of color, persons with disabilities and others are strongly encouraged to apply.