Video Production Manager / Project Manager, Multimedia
Hyde Park Campus
71684 UChicago Creative
About the Unit
UChicago Creative is the in-house agency at the University of Chicago. Like the community we're part of, we are a team of creative thinkers who thrive on challenges and excel at producing innovative solutions. Our expertise spans strategic assessment and brand positioning to creative direction and development to production and distribution. We partner with departments and units across campus to create communications that reach their goals while advancing the University's reputation. We capture the voice and vision of the University through a variety of media, including print, photography, video, and digital media. We address a full spectrum of creative challenges and develop solutions that may include a simple postcard to a fully integrated marketing campaign. Job Information
The Video Production Manager / Project Manager (PPM) will be responsible for the planning, development, and execution of audio and video productions ranging from lectures to events, features, and documentaries; as well as actively manage multiple projects simultaneously within UChicago Creative. Reporting to the Associate Director of Multimedia and working in close collaboration with a team of producers, the PPM works with clients within the vast University of Chicago community to ensure that projects run smoothly, stay on schedule, on budget and within scope. This position is in direct contact with clients and therefore, responsible for client relationships and client satisfaction.
- Assign projects to staff and freelance producers.
- Oversee the quality of production and project communications from pre-production to delivery by defining the scope of projects, developing project estimates and timelines.
- This position will be responsible for scheduling events, lectures and all video production related tasks on the production calendar, assessing and assigning the proper equipment and staff for each project, and oversee the weekly production meetings.
- Work closely with Associate Director of Multimedia to oversee workflow efficiencies and to ensure revenue targets are being met and projects are completed and billed in a timely manner.
- Creative agency experience coupled with strong knowledge of video production.
- Solid project leadership skills combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player and client service minded individual with a positive attitude and the willingness to learn how to best support each member of the multimedia from inception to delivery of a project.
- Need to have a welcoming demeanor and the flexibility to navigate in a fast-paced environment and to calmly respond to short-notice requests and juggle numerous demands concurrently.
- Exceptional organizational and scheduling skills in managing the details, prioritizing team workloads and logistics for 20+ multimedia projects per month in various stages of production and post-production, ensuring high quality and productivity while meeting client needs.
- Decisive communicator with the ability to think creatively regarding shoot set-sups thematic story lines and final creative deliverables.
- Ability to identify opportunities to streamline and improve workflow process and procedures.
- Lead project meetings and is responsible for project planning, tracking and analysis, as well as making sure the production calendar is kept up-to-date.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Confident problem-solver, able to anticipate possible road blocks and recommend viable solutions.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A degree in communications, project management, video production or related field preferred.
- 4-6 years of video production management experience required. 2-3 years of project management experience in a production studio or creative agency required.
- Experience or familiarity with communications in higher education preferred
Technical knowledge or skills
- In-depth knowledge of audio and video production to be able to assign appropriate personnel, plan resources, generate detailed project estimates and timelines; advise clients accordingly.
- Experience with project management tools (e.g., FileMaker, Basecamp, Movie Magic, Function Fox).
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/