Hyde Park Campus
59678 Enrollment And Student Advance
About the Unit
Undergraduate admissions has a staff of over 40 people, most of whom are admissions counselors. They manage marketing to and recruitment of prospective students as well as the admissions process for first year, transfer, and summer programs. http://www.collegeadmissions.uchicago.edu
Admissions Counselors are part of an energetic team dedicated to informing prospective students about the undergraduate experience at UChicago and selecting the students who make up each incoming class. S/He delivers information sessions about academics, student life, and the admissions process to both small and large groups. Interviews prospective students and responds to inquiries via phone and e-mail.
- The Admissions Counselor manages a domestic or international territory that travels 4-6 weeks per year and is the primary evaluator of applications for admission and serves as members of the admissions committee.
- Delivers information sessions and participates in on-campus events for prospective students
- Reviews applications of first year and transfer applications
- Each Admissions Counselor will have additional responsibilities in the office. Possibilities include working with current students and alumni volunteers, with low-income, under-represented, and first-generation applicants, with print and web publications and social media, and more.
- Weekend and evening availability is expected for some aspects of the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Presentation and Interview skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to travel required
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required or on track to graduate with a Bachelor's degree by June 2018.
- University of Chicago alumni or selective liberal arts college alumni preferred.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid United States driver's license required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Resume, Cover Letter, and References
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/