Assistant Manager, Social Media
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
- The Assistant Manager, Social Media is responsible for executing a social media and digital strategy that will further increase awareness of Chicago Booth as an elite global business school and build engagement by core audiences. In addition, they will amplify Chicago Booth's voice across the digital landscape, communications, and event programming disciplines.The Assistant Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and passion for connecting with a range of audiences and engaging community.
- Evaluate new platforms, watch trends, and make recommendations on our presence.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including but not limited to:
- Create and execute an ongoing content calendar that covers 5+ social platforms.
- Determine appropriate digital content to be posted, secure rights and approvals, as needed.
- Provide and edit engaging text and images for digital content.
- Content acquisition, both internal and external, for brand enhancing, sharable materials.
- Maintain social media listening capability for Booth, closely monitoring discussion about Booth and being the enterprise expert on competitive activities.
- Develop and expand community and/or ambassador outreach efforts.
- Creatively brainstorm and strategize tactic creation for social media initiatives.
- Demonstrate ability to monitor and track our social media efforts to align with our overall strategy and build on maximizing results.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, and social advertising campaigns.
- Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or other related course of study required.
- At least two experience managing a social community, writing interesting content and keeping a “following” interested whether that is social media profiles or a blog required.
- Experience with Hootsuite preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Excellent writing and language skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow-through with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish goals and use good independent decision making skills required.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, and able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound required.
- High degree of self-confidence, business maturity, initiative-taking and commitment to quality required.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/