Student Programs Administrator
Hyde Park Campus
2010580 BSD-Pritzer School Of Medicine
About the Unit
At the University of Chicago, in an atmosphere of interdisciplinary scholarship and discovery, the Pritzker School of Medicine is dedicated to inspiring diverse students of exceptional promise to become leaders and innovators in science and medicine for the betterment of humanity. As one of the few US medical schools located on the campus of a world class university, our medical students have the opportunity to take advantage of the resources of one of our country's greatest centers of learning. Our small size, location on the South Side, sense of community, and commitment to diversity distinguish us from our peers and allow our students, housestaff, and faculty to fully serve our patients.
This professional role reports to the Executive Director of Student Affairs in the Pritzker School of Medicine and will have responsibility for providing a high level of project management and administrative support in Student Programs and Affairs. This includes event and program planning and desktop publishing for projects associated with events throughout all units within the Pritzker School of Medicine. This position will provide a high level of service to faculty, students and administrative staff.
- Responsible for the coordination of many student events, which requires functioning as the liaison between PSOM and the BSD Deans Office, Medical Center Development, faculty, students, and students' families.
- High profile events include, but are not limited to: Community Outreach activities, Gold Humanism Honor Society, Graduation activities.
- Support programming needs for Wellness Initiative, Pritzker Societies, Sibs Program, Free Clinics, etc.
- Should also be prepared at all times to assist and support events for which others are taking primary responsibility.
- Provide a high level of administrative support to the faculty Associate and Assistant Deans of Students and the Executive Director of Student Affairs.
- Works with them to monitor, oversee and coordinate all Student Programs timelines, planning, and event delivery.
- Conceptualize, draft, and update a wide range of specialized booklets, guidebooks, and Pritzker website for PSOM events and programs on a quarterly and annual basis using software including but not limited to MS Office, InDesign, and Macromedia Contribute.
- Manage and maintain online resources (website, online calendar, etc.) which provide information for students, including updating the website, managing the student calendar, and supporting the listserves.
- Organize and maintain the summer research program website which serves as a vital informational and management tool for this valuable and important initiative.
- Manage ordering, vendor payments and student reimbursements for events. Will use University systems (GEMS, ePayments, etc.) for processing.
- Excellent Communication
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Project Management
- MS Office Applications
Education, Experience and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of event management experience and/or graphic design experience
- Experience in academic or medical center environment
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Working knowledge of MS Office, InDesign, and Macromedia Contribute or other website software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other common software programs used in support of administration
- Resume, Cover Letter
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/