Associate Director of Outreach
Hyde Park Campus
59678 Enrollment And Student Advance
About the Unit
Other Job Requisitions About the Unit: About the Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success: The Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success is a diverse group of more than 130 distinguished colleges and universities across the U.S. that is committed to making college a reality for all high school students through its set of free, online college planning tools that helps them learn about, prepare for, and apply to college. The Coalition was founded by a group of dedicated college administrators in 2015 with the goal to improve the college application process for all students, particularly those from historically under-represented groups. Members are united in their mission to support lower-income, under-resourced, and/or first-generation students; provide responsible financial aid; and bolster students' success in college — and beyond. The Coalition's online toolkit, MyCoalition, is designed to engage students in the college application process early and easily. It is comprised of a convenient digital storage Locker, interactive Collaboration Space, and easy-to-use application, which is accepted at all member schools. The Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success is housed at the University of Chicago (a member university) and its staff members are employed by the University of Chicago, funded by the Coalition. For more information about the Coalition, please visit: http://www.coalitionforcollegeaccess.org/why.html.
The Coalition is seeking an experienced Associate Director to manage outreach to students and educators. Under leadership of the Executive Director and with the support of a dynamic writing team, the Associate Director will create engaging content across media platforms for a variety of audiences, including: students, families, counselors, teachers, principals, community based organization leaders, and stakeholders interested in furthering the mission of the Coalition. With the support of student interns, the Associate Director will establish a cohesive organization presence on social media channels and administer our social media accounts by creating original content, managing posts and responses to achieve marketing goals.
- Build communication campaign to increase student usage of MyCoalition and to support an optimal experience with the Coalition's online toolkit.
- Develop portfolio of promotional resources, including both print materials (posters, brochures, etc) as well as digital assets (message templates, instructional videos, icons, graphics, banners, etc) to support marketing campaigns.
- Empower member colleges and universities to promote MyCoalition to students and educators.
- Design and maintain site content, navigation and organization for the Coalition's website: coalitionforcollegeaccess.org.
- Enhance design, usability, and aesthetic of MyCoalition Counselor resources available to students in alignment with student engagement goals.
- Establish regular reporting to assess effectiveness of messages to engage students, educators, and other constituents.
- Conduct training sessions, demonstrations, webinars to audiences varying in size and scope.
- Ability to create high-quality deliverables for wide-scale use with accuracy and superior attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage long- and short-term projects and meet specific deadlines.
- Strong customer service focus and a high level of professionalism when interacting with internal and external constituents required.
- Creativity and ability to take ownership of projects as well as work independently on projects where limited direction might be provided.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years of directly-related, progressively responsible, experience.
- The Associate Director should have a proven track record for designing print and digital marketing materials that drive audience action.
- Experience with students from under-resourced backgrounds and the diversity of college application processes is preferred.
- A deep commitment to the mission and values of the Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success is essential.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Web design and content management.
- Ability to measure and track outcomes, and analyze data is required.
- Familiarity with the college admissions process.
- Significant knowledge of online resources, spreadsheet and presentation software required.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required.
- Prior experience with CRMs and campaign tracking is helpful
- Prior experience with applicant tracking systems or admissions platforms is helpful.
Working Conditions or Physical Requirements:
- Ability and comfort with working collaboratively in a team and with multiple constituents via video conferencing and phone frequently.
- Verbal and written communication; problem solving; reading; reasoning; confidentiality; multiple concurrent tasks; detailed work.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion; ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines; critical thinking skills; decision making skills; interpersonal skills; time management skills.
- Occasional weekend and evening hours and local and non-local travel required.
- This is a remote based position.
Resume, cover letter, and professional references.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/