Assistant Director, Prospect Management
401 N. Michigan Avenue
30345 Booth Advancement
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: - an unmatched faculty. - degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. - a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
- The Assistant Director, Prospect Management applies sophisticated knowledge and skills in the use and manipulation of multiple databases to support fundraising for Chicago Booth Advancement. This person assists in all prospect management (PM) data practices for Chicago Booth.In addition, the Assistant Director works with Booth prospect data within the alumni database, including entry, analysis and reporting. This individual works regularly and closely with Advancement staff to ensure the proper operation of the prospect pipeline and contributes to the tracking and expansion of the prospect pipeline through analysis of interactions, ratings, and other prospect data.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Advancement Services team, fundraisers, and senior staff to implement prospect management functions, and reports from the alumni database to ensure an efficient gift cycle for the Booth Prospect pool.
- Maintains and executes a suite of audits and other reports, including interaction and solicitation activity, qualifications, assignments, gifts, and other Prospect data.
- Performs prospect record creation and assignment maintenance, including various clean-up projects as needed.
- Participates in regular Booth Advancement training sessions focusing on prospect data functions and policies.
- Contributes to team goals toward achieving the overall campaign objectives.
- Occasionally works evenings and weekends.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and database skills required.
- Ability to achieve expert status on standard and proprietary databases required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely required.
- Ability to self-motivate and work well with and through others required.
- Scrupulous attention to matters of discretion and confidentiality required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet short deadlines required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of two years of full-time professional experience in development or a related service-oriented field required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Proficiency with Windows environment and standard MS Office suite: Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc. required.
- Familiarity with SunGard BSR, Business Objects, Raiser's Edge, Blackbaud, PeopleSoft, and/or SPSS preferred.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/