Hyde Park Campus
2010035 BSD - Global Health Initiative
About the Unit
The Center for Global Health (CGH) is an interdisciplinary program dedicated to improving health and well-being through education, research and training, and service in partnership with communities in the United States and around the world. Because so many academic disciplines are needed to address the challenges of global health, CGH leverages the unique institutional strength of the University of Chicago to bring together faculty and students from different schools and programs on campus.
The Administrative Specialist will assist with the daily office operations in the Center for Global Health, which includes managing the front desk incoming mail, reception of faculty and students, as well office maintenance of supplies and distribution, conference room registration and office repairs.
- Assist in meeting communications and set-up for Executive Faculty and External Advisory Committee for CGH.
- Oversees and maintains the physical office space, ordering equipment repairs and upgrades.
- Assist with accounts receivables and payables for the center.
- Will also assist in coordinating the logistics of major events, and may assist in planning events.
- Manages special projects or functions related to the business of the organizational unit.
- Specific tasks include reception, assisting with international exchanges, scheduling rooms and meetings, providing event support, and providing support for the team's special projects accordingly.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of three years of administrative experience required.
- One year of experience in an office environment preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume, customer-oriented environment required.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/