Hyde Park Campus
86770 Research Development Support (RDS)
About the Unit
Under general direction from senior management, the Administrative Specialist performs complex and diverse administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of an unit.
• Serves as a liaison to the University community regarding administrative issues such as finances, non-academic personnel, and communications.
• Resolves office problems independently and facilitates solutions, conferring with supervisor to resolve the most complex issues.
• Coordinates office functions, including developing and implementing office procedures and policies. Orders office supplies • Performs high level administrative duties in support of office functions.
• Assist with preparation of budgets for events and projects. Monitors and reconciles accounts.
• Receives, processes, and tracks all bills and expense reimbursements.
• Researchers, compiles and analyzes data to create reports, proposals and other documents, but not limited to financial and monthly reports.
• Composes and edits correspondence and other documents.
• Maintains and updates Web contact using templates.
• Coordinates logistics of major events.
• Schedules diverse and complex appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
• Travel to attend meetings and events.
• Foster Partnership & Collaboration
• Celebrate Diversity & Inclusion
• Exhibit Resilience & Optimize Resource
• Effectively Manage Performance
Education, Experience and Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Typically has 2 years of project management experience
• Experience with event planning Licenses and Certification
• Project management certification (e.g., PMI, PMP) desirable
Technical Knowledge or Skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft products including MS Project, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint Required
Resume, Cover Letter, and Writing Sample
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/