Director of Alumni Engagement - Alumni & Parent Engagement
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Director of Alumni Engagement is responsible for providing leadership and oversight for tracking, measuring, and increasing alumni engagement. The director manages the Office of Alumni Engagement team in providing quality programming, communications, outreach, services, and diverse opportunities for engagement for all alumni. In partnership with the Executive Director of Career and Alumni Engagement, the Director works collaboratively with key stakeholders to build bridges between the Office of Alumni Engagement and academic programs, faculty, staff, external partners and internal partners such as the Office of University Advancement and the Center for Career and Calling. The Director also collaborates closely with each of the schools and colleges, deans, alumni representatives across campus, department chairs, faculty, and administrators to empower and support academic departments' connections with their alumni populations. The Director, with support from the Executive Director, sets the strategic vision for the Office of Alumni Engagement and leads the staff in accomplishing the goals. This position will lead major institutional growth and change as the vision of collaboration and engagement is carried out by the Office of Alumni Engagement. This position will creatively develop new approaches and programs to better engage alumni, as well as build a mutually beneficial alumni network connected to Azusa Pacific University.
- Master's degree in business, leadership, management, or related field preferred.
- 5 - 8 years related experience in higher education, alumni services, external affairs or related field with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a diverse campus community and ability to collaborate on all levels of the university including deans, department chairs, and faculty.
- Demonstrated understanding of the diverse alumni populations including undergraduate, graduate, and professional.
- Demonstrated success in developing new strategies and leading institutional change, specifically in implementing new and innovative programs and services.
- Experience with quality programming and understanding the needs of different audiences.
- Proven record in leading and developing cohesive teams, managing performance and productivity, and strategic planning.
- Experience and ease of use with technology, social media, and digital communication.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.