Computer Lab Proctor
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. Licensing Requirements: None.
Purpose of Job
The principal purpose of this job is to monitor the computer lab, assist patrons using various computer hardware/software, and enforce computer lab policies.
Scope of Responsibilities
The computer lab proctor will monitor and secure the computer laboratory facilities; and, perform preventive troubleshooting and coordinate the maintenance of computer lab equipment.
Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides advice, guidance, and training to laboratory users relative to computer equipment.
• Assists in the supervision of student employees.
• Responsible for monitoring the computer laboratories.
• Ensures patrons adhere to computer lab guidelines.
• Provides technical assistance to computer lab patrons.
• May operate auxiliary equipment directly associated with the computer.
• Complies with all standards, procedures and controls as established.
• Safeguards state property.
• Troubleshoots and repairs computer equipment as needed.
Licensing and Certifications
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Have experience with and ability to operate various computer software applications.
• Be able to troubleshoot hardware.
• Have excellent communication, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to work independently and effectively communicate with faculty, students, and staff.