Full-Time, Tenure-Track, Instructor Air Conditioning
El Camino College
Instructor Air Conditioning
Division: Industry & Technology
Close Date: 03/06/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
El Camino College is seeking a full-time, tenure-track faculty member to join its team. Responsibilities include teaching lecture and laboratory courses in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, such as: Air Conditioning Fundamentals, Commercial Refrigeration Application, Solar Energy Applications, Electrical Applications, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Control Systems, Electronic Controls, and Energy Efficient Residential, Commercial and Industrial Air Conditioning.
Participation as a faculty member includes faculty meetings, student activities and office hours. Assignment may include teaching courses in the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning field, as assigned during day, evening and weekend hours. Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives. Update syllabi; collaborate with discipline faculty on a regular basis to assess and revise measurable student performance indicators for each course. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview which will include a teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.
The position requires participation in a variety of campus and divisional activities such as faculty meetings, student activities, office hours, and curriculum/instructional development. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview, which will include a teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.
Faculty job responsibilities include the development/review of curriculum and assessment of learning outcomes to improve teaching and learning in achieving El Camino College’s mission of institutional effectiveness, quality educational programs, and vibrant student support services.
• Bachelor's degree and five (5) years full-time or full-time equivalent experience in the discipline; OR
• Associate's degree and six (6) years full-time or full-time equivalent experience in the discipline; OR
• The equivalent - Candidates not possessing the required qualification(s) as stated on this announcement, must complete the Request For Equivalency Form as part of the application process to explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those above; OR
• Valid California community college credential in appropriate subject (per California Education Code 87355 issued prior to July 1, 1990); AND
• Evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the racial, socio-economic, academic, and cultural diversity within student populations, including students with disabilities, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices.
• Community college teaching experience.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate partnerships with related program industry members and advisory committees.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a variety of effective teaching techniques and assessment methods.
• Ability to engage student interest to support a variety of learning styles.
• Ability to promote the use of instructional technology in curriculum delivery.
• Ability to utilize technology in and outside of the classroom.
• Ability to collaborate with faculty and college on issues affecting institutional, division and campus wide programs.
• Understanding of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
• Possession of one or more HVACR Certified Subject Matter Educator (CSMF) Certificates.
• Experience examining and remediating one’s instruction, interactions, and/or practices to more effectively engage and support diverse students.
• Demonstrated skill with addressing issues of equity.
• Demonstrated expertise in culturally responsive methodologies, particularly as it relates to students’ lives, interests, and communities.
An applicant must submit the following by the closing date:
1) Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.)
El Camino College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The El Camino Community College District is committed to providing an educational and employment environment in which no person is subjected to discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental or physical), sex, gender (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or retaliation; or on any other basis as required by state and federal law.