Associate Dean, Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner - Online Program
The Associate Dean is responsible for assisting the program dean with the development, operation, and continuous improvement of the program. These responsibilities include but are not limited to curriculum management, course development, program assessment, program delivery, student affairs and services, faculty operations, faculty supervision, practicum experience oversight, regulatory and accreditation compliance, and the management of student learning experiences. In the absence of the program dean, this position will assume responsibility for delivery of the program.
- Supervises assistant deans, faculty managers, faculty, and other staff in the provision of program curricula and services.
- Leads or supports curriculum and course review, assessment, improvement, development, and implementation, including updates, revisions, and redevelopments as needed.
- Directs multiple program stakeholders in a variety of projects to achieve program goals and superior student outcomes.
- Works across teams to insure the efficiency and effectiveness of program and course delivery, faculty operations, practicum operations, and academic support services as assigned.
- Works closely with the program dean, faculty, web development managers, Global Shared Operations (GSO), clinical shared services, accreditation and regulatory teams, the instructional design team, other GSO teams, consultants, and third-party vendors as needed to ensure effective program delivery and superior student outcomes.
- Develops and executes action plans to maintain program accreditation.
- Prepares, evaluates, and communicates student success metrics, including student retention, graduation rates, certification pass rates, student achievement of learning outcomes, and student satisfaction, and works with team members to ensure superior student outcomes.
- Leads or supports Clinical Shared Services, the program dean, faculty, and staff to enhance practicum placement and practicum experiences to meet program objectives.
- Participates in the recruitment of and interviews, selects, orients, evaluates, and supervises qualified faculty and staff as needed for the program.
- Participates in various committees as assigned and provides input for policy development that impacts program academics; communicates with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Solicits and shares recommendations from faculty and staff for academic budget, and implements and manages assigned budget areas.
- Serves as a role model and mentors faculty and students in areas of academic excellence, customer service, collaboration, communication, and professionalism.
- Ensures regular meetings of the faculty to facilitate communication and faculty participation in planning, implementing, and evaluating the curriculum.
- Performs the functions of the program dean in his/her absence.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Doctorate degree is required.
- An MSN is required.
- An unencumbered nursing license is required.
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP-BC), Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (GNP), or Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) Certification, is required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in education, training, or staff development at the baccalaureate level or above is required.
- Minimum of two years of online teaching experience is required.
- Experience with curriculum development and curriculum management strongly is preferred.
- Proficiency with online instructional technology applications and Microsoft Office is required.
- Previous leadership experience required; experience in higher education leadership is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: students, faculty, leadership, and staff.
- Strong customer service orientation and customer service skills.
- Ability to lead, direct, and advise faculty.
- Ability to use a variety of technology applications that promote student learning and services.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.