Folsom Lake College
Job Posting Number: C00511P
Salary: $3,530.94 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Plus shift differential.
Closing Date: 03/22/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6550
The journey-level class of the series. Incumbent is technically competent in the entire library operations. Incumbent works under the general supervision of the assigned manager/supervisor and the direction of the Lead Library Technician. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
• Orders and receives books and other library materials and supplies, and tracks related budgets.
• Maintains inventory of department supplies and prepares requisitions for purchases.
• Prepares financial, statistical, and information reports.
• Receives and distributes mail.
• Performs general clerical support duties.
• Cleans and repairs print and non-print materials.
• Oversees the receiving and check-in of periodicals.
• Orders and maintains periodical subscriptions.
• Oversees inventory of the library collection.
• Pre-catalog materials for review by librarians.
• Searches for, edits, and retrieves catalog records using bibliographic utility, Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), for use in the library’s online database.
• Prepares materials for bindery.
• Checks in and charge out materials.
• Registers new patrons.
• Collects fines; prepares overdue notices, process holds on patron records, and clears patron records.
• Handles inter-library loan transactions.
• Sets up and maintains the reserve materials collection.
• Oversees re-shelving of library materials; perform tasks necessary to open and/or close library facilities.
• Resolves patron complaints or refer them to appropriate staff members.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors/suppliers.
• Oversees materials and equipment service functions.
• Assists students and faculty in the setup and operation of a variety of media equipment.
• Receives and schedules equipment and media material requests.
• Retrieves recorded programs and distributes to student listening carrels via playback equipment and switch consoles.
• Oversees the ordering, scheduling, receiving, distribution, circulation, and return of staff media requests.
• Assists in classification and cataloging of media equipment.
• Schedules and distributes videotape programs for broadcast and prepares broadcast logs.
• Assists in interviewing, training, and overseeing temporary employees.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Two years of experience directly related to the duties of the position; OR one year of experience directly related to the duties of the position and a Library and Information Technology Certificate; OR an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in Library and Information Technology or equivalent.
Promotional: One year of experience performing duties at the level of a Clerk III in the Los Rios Community College District. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.