Assistant Professor of Finance
The AACSB-accredited College of Business Administration at Winthrop University is seeking a motivated, tenure-track Assistant Professor to join an excellent Finance faculty. We seek a candidate who excels at teaching and demonstrates the potential to have a strong record of scholarly activity and service performance. Winthrop University is located in Rock Hill, SC, 15 miles south of Charlotte, NC. Winthrop has approximately 6,000 students and offers both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the College of Business Administration. A national study ranked Winthrop University #2 in terms of best outcomes for African-American students.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in finance, with emphasis in the area of financial planning
- Engage in scholarly activity and professional stewardship
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students
- Serve on university, college, and departmental committees
About Winthrop University
Founded in 1886 and located in Rock Hill, South Carolina, Winthrop University offers its 6,000-plus undergraduate and graduate students an educational experience that blends liberal arts, professional programs, global awareness, and civic engagement. In its degree-granting Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Education, and Visual and Performing Arts, Winthrop embraces only those programs and activities that can be delivered at an exemplary level. Winthrop is well known for its inclusive and supportive campus environment, with University College supporting programs in both academic and student affairs. Winthrop University is achieving national stature as a competitive and distinctive co-educational, public, residential, comprehensive, values-oriented institution. The values of service, excellence, diversity, community, and leadership provide the foundation for the University’s continuing development and shape Winthrop’s continuing success. Numerous national accolades reflect the sustained high quality and value of the Winthrop Experience, including the most recent U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Winthrop as one of the top-10 public comprehensive universities in the South. Winthrop is an active member of the Rock Hill community and is recognized as a key component of the region’s economic resurgence. Approximately 20 minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina, Winthrop has direct access to and is engaged in a broad and expansive regional arts and business community. Winthrop’s beautiful campus encompasses a rich architectural blend of neo-Georgian buildings and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. The attractive recreational and research complex area that surrounds Winthrop Lake is home to Winthrop’s 18 Division I men’s and women’s sports.
Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
- Completed Ph.D. in Financial Planning
- A record of excellent teaching
- Established record of scholarship and professional stewardship
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body
- Ability to work collaboratively with departmental members in maintaining and strengthening the program
- Experience with online instruction, program development, and program delivery preferred
- Completed Certified Financial Planner CFP® certification
A 9-month, full-time, tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor with the option of summer employment if funds are available. Salary is competitive and dependent upon qualifications. Apply: https://apply.interfolio.com/49049
POSITION AVAILABILITY: August 16, 2018
Applications for this position should consist of:
- A letter of application including the candidate’s interest in the position, qualifications for the position, teaching philosophy, scholarly research agenda, and service goals.
- A current curriculum vitae
- Evidence of teaching excellence, scholarship, and professional stewardship
- The names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references
- A terminal degree transcript
Application Deadline: Application deadline is March 5, 2018 for full consideration. Application materials received after the deadline date may be considered if an acceptable candidate has not been found.
Apply to: https://apply.interfolio.com/49049