Job Title: Admissions Counselor/Recruiter
Job ID: 24458
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 3082, Range 1
Department: Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach
About the Position
The Admissions Counselor/Recruiter will perform duties under general supervision of the Associate Director, Student Outreach and Recruitment and receive work lead direction from the Lead Admissions Counselor/Recruiter. In this position, the Admissions Counselor/Recruiter performs complex student services professional work within a centralized admissions environment to determine student applicant's admissibility to the university by following CSU regulations, policies and procedures. The incumbent is primarily responsible for complex tasks regarding all processes related to admissions counseling, recruiting, evaluations, and verification. The objective in all interactions is to provide information regarding policies and procedures, to suggest actions that will resolve issues, and to establish cordial and collegial relationships with high school and community college partners, their student populations, and those contacting the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides routine advice and counsel to prospective students and their families on general CSU and SJSU specific admissions requirements and other transitional programs including the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP).
- Assists with domestic international advising and recruitment to prospective students.
- Conducts in-depth interviews to assess students’ needs, goals, major choices, and preparedness for university level work.
- Advises students who are eligible for special programs and services such as EOP, AB540, and Transfer Admission Agreements on the process of acceptance to each of these programs.
- Assists with coordinating pre-approved recruitment activities off-campus to develop and maintain collaborative programs involving high school and community college students, faculty, and staff.
- Provides workshops, one-to-one meetings, and phone and e-mail communications to advise applicants on requirements.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24458.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.