Associate Director CSPD
Under the managerial direction of the Director of Graduate Student Professional Development, the Associate Director plays a critical role in the career and job-related programming for MS students, including specialty programs (i.e., MAcc, MSFE). This includes creating and delivering workshops, planning career-related events as well as providing one-on-one coaching on topics such as interviewing, job search strategy, resume review, industry research, and personal branding. This may also include working with MBA students as needed. The Associate Director will also assist the Center for Student Professional Development's Corporate Relations team with marketing/promoting corporate presentations, recruitment events and executive speaker events to the graduate student population. The Associate Director implements and administers relevant technology tools (e.g., Canvas, Symplicity, VMock, GradLeaders, InterviewStream, Hoovers, First Research) and coordinates with Alumni Relations to increase alumni involvement and engagement in the career placement process. S/he assists with the creation of all internal and external student marketing initiatives including publications, email, newsletters, advertisements, website enhancements, social media and other relevant marketing efforts and benchmarks Fox against other MS career management programs. The Associate Director also supports student recruitment and enrollment events such as Open Houses. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least four years work experience in human resources, university career center, talent acquisition, recruitment advertising, job placement or career counseling. Experience in behavioral event interviewing also required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of students and staff.
* Knowledge of business and business careers.
* Ability to teach and prepare professional level presentations, along with strong program development/delivery skills.
* Demonstrated computer skills including MS Office; as well as experience with web-based products, applicant tracking systems and job databases.
* Ability to administers relevant technology tools (e.g., Canvas, Symplicity, VMock, GradLeaders, InterviewStream, Hoovers, First Research) and interpret and communicate results.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work nights and/or weekends, if necessary and travel to locations that may not be accessible via public transportation. Preferred:
* SHRM membership
* MBA degree
* Experience working with graduate-level students on career management or experience working in an MBA/MS or graduate program office. Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact. To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/ You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.