Institutional Research Specialist - Enrollment
The Institutional/Enrollment Research Specialist at Baruch College will support the Director of Enrollment Management in creating and developing a data-driven, market sensitive, goal oriented strategic recruitment plan to reach targeted regional, national and global audiences and address recruitment, admission, retention and graduation objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, the Institutional/Enrollment Research Specialist duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the design and implementation of tools for the collection and acquisition of enrollment-relevant data including but not limited to marketing, admission applications, inquiries, communication, financial aid, testing and post-matriculation academic performance.
- Compile, maintain, integrate and analyze relevant quantitative and qualitative student enrollment data.
- Contribute to the design, assessment and production of statistical reports for the tracking and projection of admissions, retention and student success.
- Collaborate with the management team in the development of admission and enrollment goals, models, strategies and initiatives.
- Assist in developing the admission and retention model using the CRM Solution Funnel to process and analyze student prospects, inquiries, and enrollment data to yield students that meet the college’s enrollment goals.
- Develop proficiency in and utilize Hobsons Connect to support enrollment efforts.
- Under the guidance of the Director, learn and implement statistical forecasting procedures.
Compensation and Benefits:
$63,617 - $71,723; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Baruch College is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position, if circumstances warrant it.
Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of related experience required.
Master’s degree preferred, credit towards master’s degree or doctorate will be considered.
Four years of work experience in enrollment and data management in a four-year university preferred. CUNYFirst experience required. Experience in Institutional Research is a plus as is familiarity with Hobsons Connect. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Excellent organizational skills required. Fluency in SPSS syntax strongly preferred; knowledge of other statistical applications such as SAS will be considered. Knowledge of relational databases used in admissions and enrollment, ad-hoc query reporting tools, and ability navigate and integrate complex data sets strongly preferred. Coding experience using SQL (Microsoft Access query-writing skills included), or other languages preferred. Proficiency with MS Office with significant experience and fluency using Excel and Access strongly desired.
How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #18320. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
March 17, 2018
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.