Assistant/Associate Professor of Business
Gardner-Webb University Godbold School of Business invites applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor of Business specifically in the fields of production and operation management, economics, wealth management and/or marketing. We value quality teaching and we seek enthusiastic scholars who will likewise enjoy working closely with undergraduate and graduate students in a Christian environment. Faculty members will be required to teach on-campus, off-campus and in an on-line environment. Other responsibilities may include arranging and supervising undergraduate students in business internships and assistance in coordinating scheduling and advising business majors.
The successful candidate will:
• Teach in the undergraduate and graduate business programs
• Demonstrate continuing professional and educational growth
• Advise students through realistic and thorough guidance
• Provide academic and professional advising to business majors
• Contribute to the on-going accreditation processes
• Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the University, and performing other duties as assigned by the Dean
Eligibility requirements for consideration include:
- PhD in business or related field or DBA, ABD will be considered
- Research and/or consulting in business discipline
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Record of successful collaboration and teamwork
- Commitment to the Christian faith
- Teaching experience in this discipline preferred
Gardner-Webb University is a coeducational, private institution with a strong emphasis in the liberal arts, located in Boiling Springs, NC (50 miles southwest of Charlotte) offering a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts and sciences and in professional and pre-professional fields to approximately 4000 students. Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values. Gardner-Webb University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC).
The Godbold School of Business is also accredited by the Accrediting Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) worldwide. The University desires to fill the position by July 30, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Gardner-Webb University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Vets status.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, official transcripts, and names of three references to:
Prof. Mischia Taylor,
Dean, Godbold School of Business,
Gardner-Webb University, Box 7303,
Boiling Springs, NC 28017.
Please e-mail all documents to GSB@gardner-webb.edu. Incomplete submissions will not be considered