RESEARCH SPECIALIST C
Duties: A full-time research specialist C position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Elizabeth Grice in the Department of Dermatology. The lab uses a wide variety of approaches and models to study host-microbe interactions of the skin. We are looking for a full-time Research Specialist C to manage daily laboratory operations and to support research efforts in the lab.
Specific duties will require the successful applicant to:
- Independently design, optimize, conduct, and troubleshoot molecular biology, microbiology, and cell culture experiments.
- Manage and maintain accurate experimental records, laboratory protocols, and safety records.
- Manage laboratory ordering and equipment maintenance
- Manage the laboratory mouse colony.
- Supervise and train new employees and students.
- Provide experimental assistance to students, post-doctoral fellows, and staff.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or related life sciences field and at least 3-5 years of related post-degree laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
-Experience performing molecular biology techniques (DNA and RNA extractions, PCR, qPCR) is required. Experience performing microbiology techniques is preferred.
-Experience handling mouse colonies and willingness to work with pig models is required.
-Must be willing to learn new techniques and experimental approaches.
-Candidate should be able to handle multiple, varied, on-going tasks.
-Independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required.
-Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, collaboration, and the support of multiple projects are essential to this position.
-Well-organized, detail-oriented candidates are highly preferred.
-Prior experience in the field of host-microbe interactions is preferred.
Reference Number: 40-27796
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research