Requisition # 2017-8257
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
The Princeton Neuroscience Institute has recently been awarded funding for a large, seven-lab, two-institution neuroscience research project. We expect that when fully staffed, approximately 15 research scientists and technicians will be funded through this project, in addition to the 7 PIs.
We are seeking a half-time (18 hours/week) project manager to assist with the individual projects for each lab. This role is a one year term position with the possibility of renewal based on performance and continued funding, with the potential to move into full time opportunity in the future.
The ideal candidate will be flexible with part time hours but have the ability to move into a full time role should the position evolve.
- Assist with hiring and placement of personnel, including drafting and submitting job ads, managing and scheduling the interview process, and assisting with the on-boarding of new employees. Assist with other human resources needs for the project.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of a web site for the project. The goal of this web site will be to advertise the project, communicate open positions within the project, and list research publications resulting from the project.
- Oversee the project's budget and expenditures. In coordination with our local grants management staff, prepare progress reports to the funding agency.
- Schedule and manage annual site visits by an external review board of 3 to 5 senior scientists.
- Bachelors degree required, preference for degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Prior experience managing projects, and handling related responsibilities.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and familiarity with grants.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and to exercise discretion in obtaining and providing factual and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and working knowledge of office processes, systems and related computer software.
Applicants are asked to include a cover letter and a list of at least two potential referees along with resume.
The ideal candidate will be flexible with part time hours but have the ability to move into a full time role should the position evolve. Specific hours for the position to be discussed upon interview.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Part time hours to be discussed upon interview
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
1 year term with possibility of renewal
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.