Academics Operations Specialist
Salary: $44,200 - $65,700
Title: Academics Operations Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: UNEX-International Educ Pgms
Date Posted: 02/13/2018
Position Information: Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Academic Operations Specialist serves as an integral part of the daily academic and administrative operations of International Education Programs (IEP) at UCR Extension. The specialist manages instructor hiring processes, complex instructor scheduling, and instructor attendance and leave requests as well as assignment of instructors to courses, teaching agreements, and employment processes related to instructors. The specialist also supervises academic support staff and provides direction and day-to-day advising to departmental support staff. Additionally, the position serves as a subject matter expert on administrative, travel and purchasing policies and oversees marketing travel for principals and advises travel coordinators on scheduling and logistics. The position conducts research, provides analysis, and undertakes preliminary evaluation of potential programs and projects. The specialist plays a key role in analyzing operating processes and assists administrators in the implementation of practices that ensure efficient use of resources and simultaneous delivery of academic programs. Applicants will be required to complete a skills assessment in Microsoft Excel and Outlook as part of the selection process. The University of California Riverside (UCR) Extension provides continuing and professional education opportunities and offers one of the largest and most respected international education programs in the U.S. UCR Extension offers extensive programs for English language training, management and technology, arts and science, education and credential programs, and courses for personal enrichment. Remarkable customer care is the core of University Extensions success and its relationship and partnerships around the world.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Ability to effectively work with a broad spectrum of international student populations, staff colleagues and instructors.
Advanced skill in database work, Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
Ability to generate timely and accurate reports from a variety of data sets and/or databases.
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision on a variety of complex tasks concurrently.
Ability to think critically and proactively problem solve.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Knowledge and understanding of academic cultures, rules and regulations; including knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Knowledge of effective record maintenance and retention procedures.
Experience with UC and UCR policies and procedures.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview