Associate Director, Center for Social Innovation
Salary: $53,700 - $79,800
Title: Associate Director, Center for Social Innovation
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SPP - Dean's Office
Date Posted: 02/02/2018
Position Information: The Associate Director is responsible for coordinating research activity to ensure that projects are adequately staffed and work is completed in a timely manner. Responsible for the incubation of new programs including a nonprofit fellowship program and nonprofit summer institute. Coordinates research activity, internal outreach within campus, and external outreach to community organizations and policy actors to ensure that projects are adequately staffed and work is completed in a timely manner. Plans and manages events including large public events, stakeholder trainings, workshops and convenings. Ability to represent the Center and the Director in discussions involving project partners on campus and off campus.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Strong skills in managing projects that involve internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge of common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs.
Strong skills in analyzing, researching and synthesizing large amounts of data for preparing sound and relevant proposals/analyses.
Strong policy analysis techniques.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview