International Affairs Office Coordinator
Salary: $45,623 - $65,438
Title: International Affairs Office Coordinator
Department: VP International Affairs Admin
Date Posted: 01/05/2018
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Executive Assistant to the Vice Provost of International Affairs, the International Affairs Office Coordinator (incumbent) is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the division of International Affairs. The International Affairs Office Coordinator will apply paraprofessional judgement in managing a full range of responsibilities in support of the mission, values, and activities of International Affairs.
The Office Coordinator is expected to makes decisions, and promotes teamwork through interpersonal skills and problem resolution. Oversee all aspects of International Affair's front desk operation and serve as back up to the Executive Assistant to the Vice Provost of International Affairs.
Minimum Requirements: 1. Four (4) years related experience.
2. Administrative experience and analytical skills to prioritize workload while ensuring that multiple simultaneous projects progress to completion and meet deadline expectations.
3. Strong interpersonal communication skills, including verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills. Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with diverse populations including faculty, administrators, students, and parents. Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills in order to interact successfully and collaboratively with internal and external staff and colleagues, as well as culturally-diverse constituents.
4. Ability to handle restricted and sensitive information in accordance with federal and state laws and University policies. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality, attention to detail, and accuracy in all areas of responsibility.
5. Possess a strong sense of accountability and take ownership and responsibility for projects. Must be able to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction and frequent interruptions.
6. Must be organized, detail-oriented, responsive and possess excellent follow through skills even when managing multiple interruptions in a dynamic environment.
7. Strong skills in short-term planning, analysis and problem-solving and customer service.
8. Ability to interpret, apply and implement complex policies, guidelines and procedures using multiple sources.
9. Ability to exercise good judgement. Ability to meet all project deadlines and verbally express recommendations based on research findings and/or resources.
10. Hired applicant must successfully pass a background check through the Department of Justice.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Responsibility for special projects, supporting staff and/or faculty and/or managing a triage role in a fast-paced environment.
3. Experience working in an internationally diverse, academic department in an institution of higher education.
4. Advanced knowledge and skills with computer/web-based applications/programs including ePay, eBuy, etc.
5. Experience with UC and UCR policies and procedures.
6. Supervisory experience, including scheduling, training and customer service.
7. Experience in the field of international education.
8. Experience working with and supervising students.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview