Auxiliary Portfolio Manager
Salary: $83,600 - $116,200
Title: Auxiliary Portfolio Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Architect, Policy, Security
Date Posted: 01/18/2018
Position Information: The Auxiliary Portfolio Manager will report to the Lead Enterprise Infrastructure Program Manager within the Enterprise Infrastructure division of Information Technology Solutions (ITS) and is responsible for management of the technology project portfolio that supports the Auxiliary Services unit of UC Riverside. The Auxiliary Portfolio Manager will have responsibility for technical project coordination, business impact analysis, strategic assessment, technical resource allocation and vendor management based on appropriately resourced priorities established by Auxiliary Services.
Minimum Requirements: Requires effective communication and organization skills.
Knowledge of most aspects of computing and communications including hardware infrastructure, networking, software, operations and disaster recovery.
Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies.
Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques.
Demonstrated advanced organization and project management skills.
Requires basic knowledge of project management principles, theories, and concepts.
Broad knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
Requires ability to assess campus, medical center or Office of the President needs for information technology products and design services to meet those needs.
Proven leadership ability. Effective problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments.
Working knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
Demonstrated effective writing skills.
Demonstrated attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks.
Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress.
Working knowledge of large-scale information technology operations.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of auxiliary service operations within a higher education environment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview