Student Conduct Assistant
Salary: $39,484 - $55,979
Title: Student Conduct Assistant
Department: Student Conduct Programs
Date Posted: 01/26/2018
Position Information: The Student Conduct Assistant provides independent, proactive, high quality, flexible and reliable administrative support to Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Programs. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating and/or assisting with a variety of student conduct related administrative tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: facilitating departmental purchasing needs; coordinating travel arrangements and reimbursements; processing new incident reports and other administrative tasks within a student conduct database. The incumbent must maintain the highest level of confidentiality, tact and decisiveness while working under the pressure of constantly changing priorities, unanticipated urgent demands, and multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines. Provides administrative support to the Director and the Administrative Specialist, and assists with day-to-day operations in their absence. Provides backup support to departments within the Division.
This is a one-year career position budgeted up to $19.77 per hour with the possibility of extension based on available funding.
Minimum Requirements: High School diploma or GED and 2 years of administrative experience working in an office environment providing administrative support to staff, faculty and/or the public.
Ability to handle restricted and sensitive information in accordance with federal and state laws and University polices. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality, attention to detail, and accuracy in all areas of responsibility.
Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy in an environment focused on customer service.
Skills to independently draft letters, memos & spreadsheets, via Microsoft Office, using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, text editing, and proofreading skills.
Ability to perform tasks diligently and efficiently in a busy environment.
Experience in managing and meeting simultaneous needs of multiple clients.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with student conduct administration in a college or university setting.
Experience working with college students.
Knowledge of the applicable UC Policies and Procedures governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview