Director Marketing & External Relations
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Director Marketing & External Relations
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Date Posted: 12/21/2017
Position Information: The Director or Assistant AD of Marketing & External Relations is responsible for raising awareness of, and driving attendance to, UC Riverside athletics events through creative marketing initiatives and collaboration with a variety of on-campus entities; providing attendees at athletics events with a first-rate, in-game experience; and creating or overseeing the creation of items designed to promote events and celebrate our successes. Priority consideration given to those who apply within two weeks of position posting.
Minimum Requirements: Skill in mentoring less experienced staff.
Thorough knowledge of marketing mediums and funding sources.
Thorough knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
Thorough analytical and written communication skills.
Thorough knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
Bachelor's degree and five years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong skills in event and media activities management.
Outstanding interpersonal and public relations skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse community and wide range of constituencies, including the corporate community and institutional marketing personnel.
Proficient in computer programs related to managing marketing functions and creating presentations. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and photoshop.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal communication and political acumen skills.
Thorough, strong project management skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of the campus and/or medical center products and services.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview