Salary: $45,623 - $65,438
Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: SOM - Student Affairs
Date Posted: 01/09/2018
Position Information: This position provides essential administrative support for all functions and day-to-day operations in the School of Medicine's Student Affairs offices. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the SOM Office of Student Affairs, assisting with calendaring, special projects, perform special assignments, and working on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative is needed in resolving problems and making recommendations. Incumbent will serve as focal point for communications; answering phones and screening/redirecting inquiries as appropriate. Incumbent will also serve as staff support to essential committees within the School of Medicine, inclusive of but not limited to, preparing necessary files, preparing agendas, taking minutes, following-up on action items and handling routine correspondence. Incumbent will also be responsible for processing travel requests/reimbursements and other routine accounting transactions for staff utilizing on-line financial systems. The incumbent is expected to use mature judgment, informed decision making, concern for detail and timeliness, as well as, appropriate discretion to deal with complex, confidential and sensitive issues.
Minimum Requirements: 1. Four (4) years of related experience performing administrative support to Director level or higher positions. An equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted.
2. Experience providing high-level administrative and analytical support with the ability to multi-task and prioritize independently.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to compose business correspondence, edit and use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy.
4. Demonstrated experience and expertise using computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe) and office equipment.
5. Demonstrated experience in handling multiple executive calendars with emphasis on prioritizing requests, anticipating unexpected rescheduling and knowledge of reality timing.
6. Ability to function independently and take responsibility for results; organize workload with close attention to detail, manage multiple tasks and timelines. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to handle sensitive/confidential information, issues and requests.
7. Ability to work as a team player and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
8. Skill in independently researching questions and making appropriate contacts when problem solving. Demonstrated ability to determine and locate relevant and reliable sources for the collection of information and data.
9. Ability to make appropriate decisions following established policies and procedures.
10. Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse and controversial issues and people in a professional and amiable manner.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field.
2. Demonstrated experience in extensive and progressively responsible advanced level administrative support in a school of medicine, medical center, or similar environment.
3. Demonstrated experience with UCR's online financial, purchasing and recharge systems.
4. Knowledge of University of California policies and procedures.
5. Previous relevant administrative support experience in an academic environment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview