Financial and Administrative Analyst
Salary: $48,800 - $60,700
Title: Financial and Administrative Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Strategic Executive Admin Team
Date Posted: 12/12/2017
Position Information: Under the supervision of the Business Officer, and in coordination with the Director of Business Operations, the Financial and Administrative Analyst is responsible for providing financial, budgetary, analytical, and administrative programmatic support to the Provost & Executive Vice Chancellor (P/EVC) organization with an emphasis on the International Affairs Division. The Analyst develops budgetary proposals, formulates and presents data analysis, and develops management reports and recommendations for communication to management both orally and in writing. Independently performs financial and budgetary analysis by retrieving, querying, and analyzing data from various internal/external systems to produce timely, accurate, and complete reports for senior management. The Analyst is responsible for ensuring financial ledger reconciliation and acts as the primary transactor for complex international financial transactions. Must be able to work simultaneously on multiple tasks, projects and unanticipated urgent demands. **This is a two year contract position.**
Minimum Requirements: Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills at all levels within the unit; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Ability to gather reasonably retrievable information, organizes, and performs basic financial analysis assignments.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Some knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheet and database software for moderately complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Ability to work and interact with individuals of different cultures and nationalities.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with UCR Financial System (UCRFS) applications.
Working knowledge of University of California and UC Riverside (UCR) administrative policies and procedures.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview