Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: HR Generalist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Student Health Services
Date Posted: 12/12/2017
Position Information: Provide professional and analytical support to the Senior Director, Directors, MSO, Chief Physician, Nurse Manager, and other specialty providers of the Student Health Center (SHS) and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) in the areas of human resources. Consults with management on issues concerning new, existing, or future personnel actions. Provides guidance and interpretation of policies, and provides consultative advising as needed. Works closely with the Project Policy Analyst on credentialing of clinical and counseling staff. Serves as a member of the department management team, and various committees including but not limited to: Medical QA/QI/QM, forms committee, and others as assigned or deemed appropriate.
Minimum Requirements: Has analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrates organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
Possesses basic knowledge of human resources policies and programs and organizational policies and procedures.
Possesses ability to work collaborative in diverse group settings and with diverse populations.
Strong skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, SharePoint) or similar database applications.
Proficient in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing and in integrating information in the completion of assignments.
Acquiring knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and knowledge of functional area.
Has working knowledge of other areas of HR.
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Demonstrated ability to handle difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated knowledge of credentialing and privileging of physicians and counseling practitioners.
Knowledge of the university's Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and other related business software programs and systems.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview