Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Procurement Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Procurement Services
Date Posted: 10/12/2017
Position Information: The Procurement Manager provides leadership in planning, guiding and coordinating the Campus Procurement function. Responsibilities include the management and development of value-added business processes in collaboration with campus and system-wide stakeholders. The position is responsible for the leadership, strategic planning, and management of the Procurement Services area. Establishes processes for formal bidding and conducts complex purchasing negotiations. Responsible for orders at all dollar levels in response to campus needs with signature authority of $100,000 per transaction.
Minimum Requirements: Management skills required to lead department, including management of staff performance and development, team building and communications, resolution of issues and conflicts, review and approval of work, and hiring and training employees.
Thorough knowledge of the purchasing function.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills required in interacting with both internal and external resources.
Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
Skills associated with directing a purchasing function ensuring adherence to purchasing practices and guidelines.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of UCR purchasing systems, applicable of UC policy & procedure and associated purchasing laws and regulations.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview