Public Events Manager
Salary: $44,200 - $65,700
Title: Public Events Manager
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Event Management & Protocol
Date Posted: 02/09/2018
Position Information: The UC Riverside, Office of Event Management & Protocol is recruiting for a Public Events Manager to plan and implement ongoing annual events, and assist with the coordination and production of campus-wide public ceremonies and high-profile major events. The Public Events Manager will work collaboratively with campus stakeholders, service providers, and vendors to create successful special events that will make a positive impression on UC Riverside's constituents, and will enhance the University's image and attractiveness as a worthy focus of charitable giving and other forms of support.
Minimum Requirements: Good interpersonal communication skills and political acumen, including skill in effectively representing the campus, medical center or other university organization to its publics.
Good judgment and effective decision-making and problem resolution skills, including skill to recognize and deal effectively and appropriately with real and potential problem areas, including skill to determine the issues/problems that need to be brought to the attention of higher level staff and/or management.
Ability to work in diverse groups, including but not limited to students, staff, faculty, general public, production personnel, technical operators and performing artists.
Ability to work professionally under pressure and under tight deadlines; ensuring excellent customer service support.
Working organizational skills, including skill in effectively coordinating and organizing multiple details. Excellent organizational abilities appropriate to effective calendar management and student and/or volunteer scheduling.
Working knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of event planning and production and public relations.
Skill and ability to organize, plan and implement special events in diverse settings for varied audiences with various purposes.
Knowledge of the various aspects of event logistics including facilities and space design, catering, dcor, sound and multimedia, lighting and parking.
Good written communication skills.
Ability to work as part of a team, maintaining a positive attitude during stressful situations with continuous interruptions.
Experience with Windows-environment software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of the campus, its programs, policies, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Knowledge of social, business and academic protocol.
Experience with Raiser's Edge constituent database.
Experience in the development of invitations, programs, promotional materials, and other event collateral.
Knowledge of web page design and maintenance.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview