Lighting and Sound Supervisor
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Lighting and Sound Supervisor
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 01/05/2018
Position Information: Under the general direction of the department chair, direct supervision of the Production Manager and in consultation with the faculty and professional staff, perform professional-level duties in the design, planning, production, staging, evaluation and performance of departmental productions. Assist the faculty in setting instructional goals and objectives as related to productions. Emphasis is given to problem solving, supervision, meeting deadlines, and advising the faculty in matters related to production and technology. This is a limited position with the potential to become a career position.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough organizational skills.
Thorough verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate complex instructions and information to disparate constituencies.
Mastery level knowledge in multiple technical theater production areas such as lighting, sound, video, costumes, hair/make-up, properties, scenery, scenic treatment, et cetera. Thorough working knowledge of University and collective bargaining policies, practices, rules, regulations, et cetera, including safety rules and regulations.
Thorough problem recognition, avoidance and resolution skills.
Thorough knowledge/skills in all aspects of budget administration.
Supervisory experience and demonstrated teaching experience with technical crews.
Knowledge of CAD or some other electronic drawing/design program.
Ability to create, understand and work off of technical drawings.
Working knowledge of Lightwright.
Working knowledge of Q-lab.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview