Information Security Analyst
Salary: $67,300 - $99,900
Title: Information Security Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Architect, Policy, Security
Date Posted: 01/24/2018
Position Information: The Information Security Analyst's primary responsibilities involve monitoring, detecting, protecting and maintaining the security of data, systems and networks. He/she will plan, configure, design, develop, implement and maintain tools, systems and procedures to ensure the integrity, reliability and security of data, systems and networks.
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated experience selecting and applying appropriate data encryption technologies.
Knowledge of other areas of IT, department processes and procedures.
Experience using IT security systems and tools. Knowledge of data encryption techniques. Experience analyzing logs for security breaches.
Basic skill at reading and interpreting security logs.
Ability to follow department processes and procedures.
Experience in incident response and digital forensics including data collection, examination and analysis.
Demonstrated skill at administering complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software and networks.
Demonstrated skills applying security controls to computer software and hardware.
Knowledge of computer hardware, software and network security issues and approaches.
Interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview